December 31, 2011

2011: looking back and moving forward

2011 was all about travels, achievements, and of course, time with family. It happened quickly but it surely left me with so much memories, learning, and new found friends!

And now that we're about to bid goodbye to an awesome year, I decided to look back on how my 2011 went. Let me share with you the top 10 highlights of my eventful 2011 :)

1) 1.1.11 

I love how we started the year with a trip to Villa Escudero. We spent a whole day with the two men who we really missed for years!


It was very inspiring to hear Tito Mar and Junior tell us how much they had fun with us. These guys, they may joke around most of the time but they surely are the ones who'll never leave our side. They're the coolest yet the most protective. Been missing them since they left for the States. See you soon, guys!

2) Valentine's 2011 

Baby boo and I are not one of the couples who would really call for reservations on a fab hotel or a fine-dining restaurant. Not that we're against it; we just didn't get into the habit of celebrating that way. We go for experience. And for Valentine's this year, we went to the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta in Pampanga. It was a long drive, but the kite flying, the exhibitions, hot air balloon flight and night glow made it all worth it! 


Feeling like kids again, and adding another couple experience to our list makes this date a more meaningful one <3

3) Lolabalola at 75 

Lola Adel's 75th birthday is definitely a highlight of 2011, gathering family and friends to celebrate life :)


We owe everything to lola, especially this tight and clingy Sanchez clan relationship! :) We are all looking forward to more years with Lola dear :)

4) Graduate ng UP Maskom 

Not to be missed on the list is my college degree! Hooray for accomplishing my thesis, and graduating on time with flying colors :D Really, being a graduate of UP Masscom is one of my greatest achievements. Proud to be an iskolar ng bayan!


I share this achievement with my family who have been always supportive of me. Thank you so much to baby boo, my friends, and orgmates for helping me get through those 4 years of college life :)

5) Touchdown United Kingdom

As I shared earlier, 2011 is about travels. I am very lucky to have my parents, Uncle Alan, and Uncle Jorge who gave me the chance and the ticket to an unforgettable trip to Europe --- starting with United Kingdom :D


More than just having to say we've been to the UK and explored London, we were immersed with the English art and culture. More than the pictures we've gathered, we gained friends. Truly, the more races, the more knowledge, the more happiness, and the more appreciation and understanding. 

6) Next stop: Amsterdam! 

Choosing Queen's Day over the Royal Wedding was a good idea. Hehe. The Russian winds did not stop us from having a blast in Amsterdam :)


More than the smell of weed along the streets, and the super hot girls at the Red Light District, Amsterdam has an interesting culture and really beautiful architecture!

7) Next on the list: France!

 Be it the country side or the city life, France is oh so lovely! The Eiffel Tower was just breathtaking, and Le Louvre was magnificent.


Though the streets of Paris were the scariest, we had the most fulfilling bike ride of our lives! Plus, people-watching was the most relaxing activity :)

8) Ola, Palawan!

And after five weeks, we were back in the Philippines. But, travels didn't stop in Europe. On my birthday week, Palawan with family!


What is bonding with the whole family? Exploring the natural beauty of Palawan, holding a 3-month old crocodile, and eating crocodile sisig :)))

9) Wow Davao!

Another first for baby boo and me this year --- out of town with my family :D Glad baby boo was able to take a one day leave from the office, unlike me, who was absent for a day to enjoy Davao with my family.


Thank you so much Tito Ton and family, and Kuya Bong for making our stay in Davao even more memorable :)

10) Stepping into the "real" world

After choosing to be a bum for months, I went to around five interviews and finally found my place at GroupM as a Media trainee along with these awesome people in the academy.


Then after a month, I was very lucky and fortunate to be part of an ideal team --- Mediacom Unit 1 :)


Happy to be part of the Mediacom family! :)


****

2011 has been really an eventful year for me. Here's to more travels, friends, and challenges for 2012! Cheers to a more fruitful year ahead! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment