March 31, 2013

My Name Is Memory


The soul deep within has a heart that beats and longs for only one <3
One thing I love abut reading novels is that I get lost in my thoughts, and I put myself right at the setting. I create a world of my own, together with the characters and let myself float and feel the plot. In this case, I joined Daniel in each life, and in every adventure in search for his Sophia. 

My Name Is Memory is about wanting to live, of yearning to be with your one true love. Daniel lived many lives before, but in all those, his purpose was to search for Sophia. They may not necessarily be together, but knowing she's alive in the eyes of Constance or Lucy, was enough to keep him going. And on the moment that finally they become one, fate just had to work its way to set them apart...once again. It's another open-ended story, making me go back to the world I created in my mind, and imagine how Daniel and Lucy lived, if they ever really got back in each other's arms. (ooops, spoiler alert!)

Unlike the characters in the novel, we only live one life with this soul. After this, we don't know what's gonna happen, or if there's still anything after this lifetime. What we are given are new foundations, opportunity to change for the better. We are granted chances in life. A chance to love and to be loved. A chance to be happy. A chance to dream. A chance to show and share who we are, and what we have. 

Very timely, this morning we renewed our baptismal vows, and we have been bestowed a new beginning. Let us not miss out on this chance to nourish our souls, and unleash our best selves. Happy Easter! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment