January 13, 2013

The Time Keeper


After three weeks, I finally learned how Father Time's story ended :)

Hearing so many good reviews about Mitch Albom's The Time Keeper, I was convinced that I wanted this book for Christmas so I had it on top of my wishlist. But as I was reading through each page, in my head was a piece of advice for the author: Albom, you could have done more research and presented deeper case studies. A broken-hearted girl and a sick rich old man are just too cliche. Anyhow, you still are a good writer. I like how you ended the novel :) Additionally, you still are an inspiring novelist and on that note, I quote you:

"Every soul who desired more of the thing he had first identified, the thing that moved man further from the simple light of existence and deeper into the darkness of his own obsessions. Time."

"People fretted over missed chances, over inefficient days; they worried constantly about how long they would live, because counting life's moments had led, inevitably, to counting them down."

"Remember this always: There is a reason God limits man's days."

"We all yearn for what we have lost. But sometimes, we forget what we have."

"When we are most alone is when we embrace another's loneliness."

"There is a reason God limits our days. To make each one precious."

There have been a lot of opportunities I lost, chances I took for granted because I felt, in those moments, that I was not prepared. That I was not geared up to do such things. But along the way, I just keep on wondering, what if? ...I could have been happier, I could have been more fulfilled. I could have been famous. chos!

So this year, although my 2013 has started fully loaded already, I yearn for more. I will READ MORE. SAVE MORE. TRAVEL MORE. EXPLORE MORE. INSPIRE MORE. BLOG MORE. hehehe :p

No comments:

Post a Comment