August 5, 2011

fight with flab


I finished reading the adventures of diet girl, and now, I shall write about my own fight with flab :) May I halukay ube pictures!

While I was reading through every entry in diet girl's journal, I am reminded of my own self, but only in some ways. Shauna Reid, the author, started with 25 stones and 1lb or 351lbs and was happy at 12st. 7.5lbs or 175.5lbs. On the other hand, my biggest was at almost 130lbs and my lightest was at around 102lbs.

For 16 years, I never had plans of losing weight. I dunno why. Maybe I was just really happy with eating (HAHA!) and my lifestyle in general that I didn't have issues with my body nor my weight. But like diet girl, I had 'Fat Girl Freak Out' moments. I was scared my dance partner won't be able to handle my weight on some routine; I feared the jersey uniform won't fit me so I always take bigger sizes; and above all, I was so conscious about my boobs. They were too huge to carry! And I know that behind my back, people judge me and somehow made fun of my flab. But really, I was just too confident not to care. 

I was never thin nor skinny as a child. I was a cute little girl. Read: chubby little girl :)


I was loved too much, and I loved food too much as well. HAHA! I was, as the oldies say, naiwan sa kusina! :p


During my elementary years, I had some insecurities. Then the usual questions were why do boys like her? or her? You know, crush issues. HAHA! or why was she chosen and not me? Oh yeah, because I'm fat. But still, with all these, I just can't bring myself into a diet. Maybe because I knew what I am capable of. It was when I started joining singing contests, being one of the dance leaders, and hosting younger batches' events.


Then, high school happened. I know that these years are supposed to be about popularity, beauty, and all. I knew, actually. But again, self-confidence lang 'yan. I was part of the cream section, we won competitions, and our barkada then had been talked about by lower or higher batches negatively or positively. PAK! 

Define bilugan ako nung high school. But hey, someone fell in love with me. HAHAHA! Yeah, booster max for me! :))))


Whenever we have our baby boo talks, we usually bring back high school memories. I tell him, "Ayaw na ayaw kita kasama dati 'pag naka-super saiyan hair ka." He rebuts with, "Ayoko naman 'pag naka-uniform ka." Our school uniform was really far from flattering.

Then, college came! Luckily, I really needed braces and it was really of great help! When I got my braces on, it was too painful I can't eat. In just a few days, I felt lighter. My clothes were slightly big for me already. YEEEES! I was actually losing some pounds. I loved the idea of getting lighter, so even though I can't feel any pain anymore, I pretended that I still couldn't eat normally. Then, I decided to lessen my normal food intake. First, I was down to half-rice, then to substituting rice with wheat bread. Thank you bgirls for going on this diet with me! :) 

I was so happy I could wear medium-sized clothes already! And...and....plain shirts and....sleeveless! Come on! :)))

First year college :)

I know diet isn't enough, so I tried Ate Yhe's (my dorm mate) technique of weight maintenance --- belly dancing! With a DVD and a laptop, I danced my flab away! Then, Joycie dear told us (the bgirls) about hip hop abs, so we did the party bounce in our own room! Come summer, I lost more weight. 



At 18, I felt really happy with my body. Although some relatives would tell me that they liked my high school body more. And cousins would tease me, "Nag-aadik ka na naman ba?" :p 

I was skinniest on my second year in college. Hooray! :) By this time, some of Ate Kaye's pants fit me well, and we shared tops already!


All throughout college, I just maintained my diet and exercise. Most of the time, I prepared my own sandwich to bring to school, and there were times when I skipped dinner because I was too lazy to grab something to eat. 

third year college

fourth year college


In my four years in the university, my weight went up and down, and my hair was short and long, and straight and curly :))))

The thing about fighting with flab is that one should not deprive him/herself. Whenever I'm hungrier than usual, I eat rice. I satisfy my cravings too. Thanks to my superfriends and girlfriends, I enjoy food without worrying about my diet! And, sinusulit ko ang buffet! One time, my family was surprised by how much I eat at a buffet. Thank you baby boo for the training! :p 

One more thing about me and diet girl is that with all the pounds we lost, we were so scared that a bite of chocolate would bring them all back to our body. Yes, I exaggerate. I just don't want to have my high school body back. I remember one time, baby boo told me about a batchmate who commented I'm too fat for him. I really cried. Although I've proven her wrong, ang sakit lang. Excuse me lang, laking ganda ko sa'yo teh! #bitterparin #non-mover #self-confidenceparin

There were times when I would ask Tricia Mae, "tumataba na ba ko ulit?" And she would answer, "Hindi nga! Alam mo, may sakit ka na." What is praning?

Right now, I am still trying to fight my excess baggage from our Eurotrip. But there are times when I just want to eat, and not exercise. Yeah, a bum's life :p


I would like to end this post with good news: I've been doing hip hop abs for five days straight now! :D May willpower prevail! 















No comments:

Post a Comment