July 6, 2011

confessions of a paperholic


One lazy day in my bum life, I decided to organize my stuff which was a task held up for months already. I started with my paper collection and ended up doing a pictorial of my babies. HAHA!


My addiction began with notebooks. It was in first year college when I would impulsively buy a notebook which I qualify as super-nice-i-want-to-own-it :))) Then when I get home, I would just look at the notebook/s I bought, adore them, but never write on them. Unless of course I bought a notebook like a cattleya filler for school purposes.

Then after a while (not too long), I felt the need to expand my collection because of all the paper stuff I'm seeing! The urge to buy was unbearable. I gave in. I bought more and more paper things, be it a notebook, a pad, or even post its. The price does not matter to me. What's important is the connection between me and the paper. anodaw?! HAHAHA

Aside from the local bookstores and other shops where I buy paper stuff, a part of my collection consists of imported ones. Hehe. The first time I went out of the country was in 2008, in Bangkok Thailand. Sadly, I did not see any notebook! I dunno why. Then, my siblings went back there and they saw a lot, but, they thought I already have one from Bangkok so they didn't buy me any. FAIL. So please, if you're going there or if you're already there, please get me one. I promise to pay you. :) Anyway, here are some of  what I gathered from the different parts of the world.

From Hongkong
From France | a gift from my sister, Ate Kaye :)
From Vietnam
Flea market purchase! Amsterdam
From Keukenhof, Holland, and Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam


My friends also know how addicted I am. Look what two of them gave me!


Here are more of the free items in my collection. Literally, they're freebies!

Batangan Anniversary | Artwork | Timezone

While staring at my collection scattered on the floor, I realized that there are common themes among them.

structure | animal prints
childish-girly <3
I really don't write on these paper stuff but one time, I decided to use one notebook. Because there are writings all over it, and it is already that one notebook I bring with me all the time, I had to buy another one just for keeps. HAHA


The most expensive among my collection are my post its! They're pricey especially if you buy them from bookstores. But, luckily, I find 3 for 100 at Bazaars! :D I use all of these post its for my planner. I just love it when my planner looks so....busy. Hehe.


Whenever I go to a mall, part of shopping time is allotted for paper stuff! I have at least two from one store :)

Papemelroti
Robinsons Department Store :)))
Fully Booked
Landmark
National Bookstore
Different Bazaars
Generally, my collection ranges from notebooks to post its. But then I realized I also have a lot of writing materials --- pens and pencils. Let's welcome them to the family! :))))


Weird as it may sound, I often bring all these out, and I just look at them. They make me smile. Really :)







No comments:

Post a Comment