July 5, 2011

merci buco! :)


I honestly don't know how to start this blog post because being the final entry about my Eurotrip, it makes me feel so....sad? nostalgic? I can't even express it. The whole London-France-Netherlands trip happened from April 21 - May 30 of this year and it seems so long ago already. I'm missing it badly. 

Anyway, I wrote the title of this post first, and it demands I write about happy thoughts! :p

On our last night in London, we had a wonderful dinner with John of Miami. He also left the next day, and just like us, he was equally grateful to the two men who made our stay in London the loveliest! To the two awesome men, Uncle Jorge and Uncle Alan, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

our second and last dinner at this beautiful set! :p

Before dinner, while the three of us were struggling to fit all our stuff in our luggage, we thought of completing a video presentation for our Uncles. The plan has been conceptualized way way before, but it was just on our last night that we were able to accomplish it.

So, after we kissed and hugged John goodbye and after clearing and cleaning up, the globetrotters got stressed trying to play the video on the television. We tried all the connectors we could find but they just didn't work. Then, we were down to our last resort --- laptop.

From the looks on our Uncles' faces, we know that they enjoyed the presentation. Haha!


Our theme song for our whole trip was Lady Gaga's Born this Way. I dunno how it started, but as I can remember, it was Marvin who kept singing it since our first days in London. One more thing about us, globetrotters, we love to dance! With or without music. One time, when we were at the Eiffel Tower, the three of us asked Uncle Jorge to video us dancing to the sound of the city but to the tune of Born this Way in our minds. HAHA! 

To satisfy your curiosity about our presentation that night, here it is! :D



You saw the card at the end of the video? We actually gave it to them :D Of course, with our individual messages that we read out loud. 

merci buco has been an inside joke for our batch :))))

Our thank you messages and moments of goodbye brought tears to me and Tanny. We were very emotional that night and our thank you's were never ending. Really, the Eurotrip we had was a life-changing experience for me. Not only did I get to know more about Uncle Jorge and Uncle Alan, or my cousins Marvin and Tanny, but more than anything else, I got to know myself deeper. 

I was very inspired by this humbling experience. Now, I really want to be an artist in all sense of the word. I even bought sketching and charcoal pencils at the 99p Store before we left London, and I also purchased a set of oil pastel and two sketchpads from National Bookstore! The sketchpads may still be clean but I would surely turn them to creative masterpieces! Talk about self-confidence. HAHA

From our first to last day, our Uncles never failed to remind us about two things:

"Be assertive." - Uncle Alan
"Live your dreams." - Uncle Jorge



YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! I LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH! (Yes, I just had to say it in all caps :p )

No comments:

Post a Comment